Making a Gift that will be Remembered Forever
You do not need to be wealthy to leave a legacy. Make your core values known by joining the CLOCK TOWER SOCIETY and making a planned gift to HANDS’ Endowment Fund at the Erie Community Foundation. Members of our legacy society are generous and forward thinking donors who will support our long-term success and be long remembered.
In addition to supporting our work through your generous cash donations, there are other ways you can contribute to the sustainability of HANDS in the long term. Many of these options are a win-win for the donor and the organization. We encourage you to consult with your financial advisor to discuss the tax implications of these options:
- Bequests: One of the easiest ways to help involves simply naming HANDS as a beneficiary in your will and living trust. A bequest may be for a particular dollar amount or percentage of your estate. Estate tax savings may be significant.
- Life Insurance Policy and Retirement Assets: Often overlooked by donors, naming HANDS as a partial beneficiary of these assets can provide support for the organization.
- Life Income Gifts: Life income gifts allow you to leave a gift in the care of HANDS via the Erie Community Foundation, while earning income for yourself during your lifetime. The two most popular life income gifts are charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities.
Legacy society members become a special part of the HANDS donor family. They are also honored with:
- Recognition on our website
- Tributes in publications such as the HANDS Newsletter and Annual Report
- An annual Clock Tower Society luncheon
Contact Katie O’Neil-to discuss membership in the Clock Tower Legacy Society | 814-453-3333 x112 | firstname.lastname@example.org.